Twitter marketing, as in most areas of social media marketing, the tools are all out there but how successful depends on the strategy and timing of what is done, instead of secret tips. Today, we’ll look at several tips for Twitter marketing and how this will help your brand’s marketing on this social network.
Twitter is and can be argued that the network is better for listening than in tweeting yourself. When a brand listens…and then interacts, at the right time, anything can happen. Your brand looks real and have the opportunity to help, opposed to becoming lost in the sea of unread tweets.
Here are a Few Key Tips for Maximizing your Tweets:
- Keep it short. Recent finding have shown that tweets with less than 100 characters receive 17% more user engagement than longer tweets.
- Tweet during the day…busier times! Did you know that tweets during the daytime hours of 8:00 am and 7:00 pm receive thirty percent higher engagement than tweets posted during the evening hours and before 8:00 am.
- Don’t go #Hashtag crazy. Hashtags actually do generate twice as much engagement and feedback but those tweets that use more than two hashtags have found to receive seventeen percent less engagement. Also, only about 25% of tweets even contain a hashtag so many brands could be taking more advantage of this tip.
- Best & Worst Days to tweet. Studies have shown that the weekends actually generate a 17% increase in engagement, compared to weekdays. Wednesday and Thursdays were found to be the days with the lowest rate of engagement.
- Ask for a Retweet. Don’t be shy. Your followers need to be reminded…and if you do ask, the “retweet rate” jumps 12 times higher. Only 1% of brands even ask their followers to retweet. This may also seem strange but there is a big difference even in just spelling out “retweet” compared to typing in “RT,” though they are asking the same thing. A “RT” increases your retweet rate 10 times while spelling out “retweet” increases the retweet rate 23 times. Hmmm.